12 mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1 garlic clove, diced
A dash of sea salt
A dash of cracked black pepper
3 tsp soy sauce or tamari
2-4 cups filtered water
- Heat a saucepan and add coconut oil.
- Sauté mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook until there's no liquid left - approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 5 minutes whilst stirring.
- Add soy sauce and 1 cup of water, stirring well until thick.
- Add another 1 cup of water and stir well until thick, repeat again.
- If you need another cup of water, add and repeat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring frequently - approximately 30 minutes
Serve on top of roasted vegetables, pies, tofu turkey and vegetable and nut loaf
Makes 3-4 cups of gravy
From Viva la Vegan’s Cruelty Free Vegan Christmas Recipes eBook by Leigh-Chantelle
Recipe and Photo © 2013 Leigh-Chantelle & Viva la Vegan!