45 minutes plus chilling time
1 cup chia seeds
4 cups (1L) brown rice milk, soy milk or coconut milk
400g canned fruit
1 packet of vegan jelly
200mL coconut cream
¼ cup grated dark chocolate
- Place coconut cream in fridge over night.
- Combine chia with 1 cup of milk and stir vigorously with a small whisk until all the mixture is very well combined.
- Add another cup of milk and stir extremely well again.
- Repeat for the remaining milk.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to set - the chia seeds will become gelatinous.
- Open canned fruit and keep the juice. Use this for the jelly – approximately ½ cup.
- Boil water and add to jelly packet – you need 2 cups in total including the fruit juice.
- Dissolve the jelly packet mixture in the water and stir well.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Add fruit to the jelly mixture and combine.
- Turn the coconut cream tin upside down, set aside the water for a smoothie.
- Put half of the chia mixture in the bottom of serving bowls or cups
- make sure the mixture goes right to the edges.
- Add jelly and fruit mix, then the remaining chia seeds.
- Add coconut cream on top of the trifle.
- Sprinkle chocolate on top and chill before serving
From Viva la Vegan’s Cruelty Free Vegan Christmas Recipes eBook by Leigh-Chantelle
Recipe and Photo © 2013 Leigh-Chantelle & Viva la Vegan!