30 minutes plus 2 hours setting time
1 ½ cup of macadamia nuts (if you don’t have any macadamia, I tried mixing ½ cup walnuts and ½ cashews, and it works very well)
½ cup dates
Handful of shredded coconut
3 cups raw cashews (soaked them at least an hour before)
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup agave nectar
¾ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups of frozen peaches
½ cup dates
Fresh fruit for decoration
- Grease a springform tin with coconut oil and sprinkle the shredded coconut on the base and sides of the tin.
- Put the macadamia nuts in a processor and reduce them to small crumbs.
- Add the dates and let the processor combine them.
- When all the ingredients are ready, press them on the base of the tin and put it in the freezer while you prepare the cream and topping.
- Put the cashews, lemon juice, agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla essence in a blender.
- Blend all ingredients at the highest speed till it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Pour this delicious cream on the top of the base and pop back in the freezer till set (it should take around 2 hours)
- Blend the frozen peaches and dates on high speed until smooth.
- Get the cake out of the freezer and pour it on the cake.
- Return to the freezer for another 2 hours. After all this waiting, you can finally enjoy the cheesecake. Make sure you take it out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Open the side of the tin and decorate with fresh fruit on top to make it fancier!