400g lentils, cooked
2 ½ cups filtered water
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, diced
400g tomatoes, diced
1 cup oats
½ cup walnuts
½ cup almonds
3 tbsp flax or chia seeds, ground
1 tsp oregano plus extra
1 tsp cracked black pepper plus extra
1 tsp basil plus extra
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Combine walnuts and almonds and toast on a tray for approximately 6 minutes.
- In a cup, combine flax or chia seeds with ½ cup of water.
- Whisk together and set aside.
- Blend nuts and oats in food processor.
- Sauté onion and garlic in wok with a small amount of oil.
- Add vegetables, herbs, nuts and oat mix, flax mix and combine well.
- Grease a loaf tin and sprinkle the bottom with herbs.
- Pat down the mixture and bake for 40 minutes in 180°C (350°F) oven.
Serve with roasted vegetables and gravy.
Great to freeze.
From Viva la Vegan’s Cruelty Free Vegan Christmas Recipes eBook by Leigh-Chantelle
Recipe and Photo © 2013 Leigh-Chantelle & Viva la Vegan!