400g tin lentils
1/2 cauliflower florets
1 small red onion chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
Lime to taste
Mini taco shells
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup coconut yoghurt
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Start making the cream you will cover this beauty with so that it will marinate and the flavour will be more intense: combine in a bowl the coconut yoghurt with the garlic and smoked paprika. Mixed them well and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium size pot, add the onion and let it become golden and soft. Add the chopped cauliflower and keep stirring.
- Add a tbsp of water so the cauliflower will start to soften, keep cooking it for another couple of minutes, then add the lentils and 2 cups of water.
- Keep stirring and season with salt and pepper. I like to let the lentils and cauliflower really soft, so I keep cooking them until they become almost like a cream.
- Warm up the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees and place the taco shells on a tray. When the cauliflower and lentils are nearly ready put the shells in the oven for a few minutes: they will become crunchy and golden.
- At this point, the fun begins! Place the pot on the table, the mini tacos on a plate and with a spoon fill up the taco shells. Pour the yoghurt sauce on each one of them and sprinkle the fresh coriander over. Squeeze some lime and season with salt. I love to put some Tabasco as well to give it a bit of a kick!
- Enjoy while they are still crunchy and delicious!
Recipe by Alessandra Rocci